The board of directors is considering joining the Airmid Institute. We will gather your feedback on this decision in the upcoming membership poll. One of the main objectives of this membership level is to establish guidelines for sustainability curricula which CAOA recognized schools would ultimately adhere to, and members receive many additional benefits as noted below.
Overall, benefits include:
1. A 1.5-hour consultation with Dr. Kelly Ablard (Kelly) and the CAOA Board of Directors and CAOA Education Committee to discuss critical parameters around sustainability principles, concepts, and practical components to include as required curricula guidelines
2. Following the consultation, a thorough review by Kelly of the working curricula guidelines with in-depth tracked feedback, followed by one more thorough review of the revised curricula
3. A 1.5-hour virtual or pre-recorded webinar presented by Kelly OR CAOA's choice of an upcoming or password-protected Airmid webinar recording for CAOA members.
4.A 20% discount off an annual Basic or Pay-it-Forward membership is extended to CAOA Directors, CAOA staff, and active CAOA members.
5. Access to additional and evolving internal resources, which will help further advance CAOA's dedication to sustainability.
6. The Airmid Institute Association Membership logo (.png and .jpg) is to be used on CAOA's website and social media, demonstrating CAOA's dedication to implementing quality and current sustainability guidelines
7. The CAOA logo highlighted on Airmid's website as a valued Association Member
8. Airmid's triennial newsletter Green Telegram is available for CAOA Directors and CAOA members.
9. The Airmid Institute Biannual List of Threatened, Near Threatened, and CITES-Protected Plants, Mammals, Fungi, and Seaweed Species Used in Aromatherapy, Perfumery, and Aromatic Herbalism available for Association Directors and CAOA members.
This list is translated into Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, Ukrainian, German, Croatian, French, and Russian. The biannual list is scheduled to be released on July 1, 2023, and will also be translated into Greek and Italian.
10. Updates on special events and invitations for CAOA members to attend public webinars hosted by Airmid Institute.
Can't wait for the membership poll to share your thoughts? Email us or add a comment to let us know what you think.
Find out more about the Airmid Institute here.